TGIF :)

On Friday the 27th, I turned 17 years and 2 weeks old.
I know! Huge achievement :)


But the other reason this day will go down in my story is because I paid Rs. 200 for Kulche and Paranthe :) At TGIF.

Those of us who grew up in Northern India (specially), Paranthas are our staple Breakfast diet. They're just awesome and I can't get enough of them! Kuchas are fun too. But that's besides the point.

Radhika Saxena, Dhruv Gupta and I went for our "Elite Lunch" to Thank Goodness it's Friday at the Select Citywalk Mall in Saket. Too bad we hadn't gone for a little bit of shopping before it and arrived in proper Cars :D [We did come in Chauffeur Driven Auto Rikshaws :D] Basically, Dhruv and I had to treat Radhika and each other for our birthdays.

When you're in your teens, on a budget (even though Mum and Dad are paying for it!), offers at fancy places for Lunch are bloody attractive.

The ambiance was excellent, Radhika and Dhruv kept eying this uber cool Guitar the whole time. The offer was simple : For Rs. 199 (only!) you could get a two course meal and choose out of options (Soups, Appetizers, Salads, Main Course and Desserts) and unlimited refills of the beverage of your choice. Yey!

After a lot of deliberation, we came up with a system of ordering two course meals but tasting one of each :)

As you can see, that is what we ordered. (My post-its, Radhika's pen, Dhruv's writing)

The waiter was thoroughly amused with our manner of ordering. But he was patient and didn't quite laugh at us, but with us! The added entertainment was the conversation the people sitting at the next table were having.

I-have-an-attitude-because-I-think-I'm-just-SO-hot Guy : Yeah dude. Like that chick totally wanted to go out with me but I kinda asked her to back off, I don't want anything serious.

Patient-polite-it's-okay-I'll-listen-to-you Friend : Who dude? Seema?

I-have-an-attitude-because-I-think-I'm-just-SO-hot Guy : No way dude. That other chick, sorta forgot her name. That one! Uh, um, Neha? Yeah I think it was her.

The-I'm-SO-not-interested-but-I-just-heard-Neha's-name Girl : Dude seriously? That wannabe chick?

You get the drift ...

Anyway, the Soup, Salad and Appetizer show up!

Dhruv : Oh chuddy, I'm so gonna try you Soup!
Radhika : Haan haan, even I'll try your Salad no!
Sharmada : DUDES! I got ... Kulchas.
Dhruv and Radhika : Haha, chal try karte hai.

*every one tastes the Grilled Pita Dippers*

All of us (unanimously) : Haha, yeh toh sach mein Kulche hai. =D

... Nice. But honestly, way too many Kulchas for what's supposed to be a Starter. Oh, they were triangle-shaped! The Soup was pretty good. The Salad sorta weird. Radhika and Dhruv helped me finish my Kuchas.

Round 1 : The Cream of Mushroom Soup is declared winner :)

Since the beverages were free and with unlimited refills, Dhruv took Coke, I took Limca. Radhika preferred downing our Coke/Limca :|

So, the main course!

Radhika's Pasta Arabiatta, Dhruv's Broken Noodles and my uber Mexican Vegetable Quesadilla arrived.

The Pasta looked yum, we tried it out and well... they were okay-not over the top amazingness!

The Broken Noodles. They were ... sweet :| We moved on!

Now, the Vegetable Quesadilla. As exotic as the name sounded (at least in an Indian household), the dish itself was symbolic of irony.

Sharmada : Hadh hai yaar! Pehle Kulche, ab Paranthe!
Dhruv and Radhika : LOL LOL, chal try karte hai. Itna bura toh nahi ho sakta hai.

*Radhika, Dhruv and Sharmada try out some Mexican Parathas*
R, D and S : OMG, not bad at all actually!
Sharmada : Still na. TGIF aayi, socha kuch *fancy* sa order karoongi, mile Kulche aur Paranthe. Yeh toh ghar par kha sakti thi na :(

Hunger got the better of us though ... and in no time, we'd finished the Pasta and Paranthas :) The Broken Noodles were sorta .... ignored. We were sweet enough already ...

But then, Round 2 : *drum rolls* The Vegetable Quesadilla is declared the winner!

And since we didn't want Dhruv to feel bad, you know, with the whole declaring winners and having only 2 rounds... Round 2.5 [read Consolation Prize] : Coke!

Well we did hang out after, had some dessert! Saw a few kids from my batch, Don Bosco ... *livin' it up!* and ... strip :|

I had started writing this post a few months ago! Unfortunately it got saved up in the drafts and I managed to ignore it for long. Sure the post lost it's flow in between, but I owe it (maybe not :P) to Radhika and Dhruv - two people I never thought I'd end up becoming close to.

Hell! There was a time I never thought Radhika would talk back to me, my first day on the bus! I thought she'd be yet another senior who just happened to share the same bus and bus stop with me. Slowly, we started talking, and walking :) And there has been no looking back :) Yey us Behen :) [http://www.flickr.com/photos/radhikasaxena/] [http://saxenaradhika.blogspot.com]

There was also a time when the only conversation Dhruv and I would have would go something like this :
Sharmada : Hey!
Dhruv : Hey! Ssup?
Sharmada : Not much blah blah blah, you?
*And Dhruv wouldn't reply for several more minutes and then ... *
Dhruv : Sorry I was ...
*and before he could type it out...*
Sharmada : On the phone? :D
Dhruv : :P
Sharmada : Whatever!
Dhruv : Don't whatever me!

Thank you :) Love you both, always!

There is so much more I want to blog about. But the Central Board of Secondary Education made other plans for me! But I promise to Blog real soon. I promise to Blabber. I promise to be Random-er :)


Comments

Radhika Saxena said…
OMFG! I just ABSO-EFFING-LUTELY LOVE MAN! =D
YAyee us!
Kulche paranthe! I can NEVER forget that day!
Bosco boys *livin' it up* One of whom I knew too =P and then strip later on =P
Haha. Awesomeness much only =D
That was SOME day man!
Kickass fun,food too =P
Also discount coupon worth Rs. 500/- =D
Aur mere liye toh free ka khana bhi tha =P
also,you linked me! YAY!
Flickr photostream and blog =D =D

I love you Behen =)
Thank God We Started Walking =D
[TGWSW] =D
Sharmada said…
Yey! You liked it :D Lol neither can I forget that day.
OMG I TOTALLY FORGOT ABOUT THAT COUPON!
And yes :) I linked!

And love you too! And haha TGWSW :)
Unknown said…
Amazing!!! I just love the way you write and i see random-er there :p :p

Popular Posts