Beeswe Saal Mein Prasthaan

I turned 19 years old this Sunday. 13th November, that is. 
And as I step into the 20th year of my existence, I have a few things on my agenda.

  • To start blogging frequently. I don't know why I am sub-consciously pulling off an Aamir Khan. [Background Story : Aamir Khan inevitably produces/directs/acts in like, only one movie in an entire year unlike most of his contemporaries. He personifies "quality not quantity". While I seem to be on the same to road of personification, I think I need to speed up my act. A birthday wish from Malvika, a really awesome person [http://ajustifiedrandomness.blogspot.com/] and friend had the words :  I love your blog, though it is prettttyyy much dead now.]
  • I did a bit of blogging for the Delhi Photo Festival which was held in October. I don't know if I did an okay/good/bad job but I sure learnt a lot. Here on my blog, I write without a deadline and I end up writing anything and everything that I think of and most of the time, I ask you to go read my blog. At the Festival's blog, people unknown to me and possibly from a different world altogether were reading what I wrote! Which was a brilliantly scary thought. Coming to the point : I got a stipend. My first pay-cheque. Don't know whether or not I deserve it but a super-awesome feeling, nevertheless! And this I shall put toward a driving school. I had always imagined I would have a driver's license by the time I was 18. Or I would have at least gone beyond the first gear. My Ma had learnt how to drive at an early age and is a very good driver [or a racing driver, as my father puts it.] and she taught my father how to drive a car too! I always assumed that she would be the one to teach me. However, as my 18th birthday neared, the parents pushed for me to learn from a driving school. Which driving school? They decided to do some research and put me in the best damned driving school. The research is still not over [I'm not sure it even started] and I have decided to take this matter into my own hands. So yeah, I will find a driving school and a license soonest. And if I hit your car, someday, by accident - I'm sorry, in advance!
  • This third point in my agenda is to do really really really really well in my internal/half-year/end-of-term exams that start in about a week. I think I deserve to. 
  • I will talk to as many people as possible in order to get even more confused about options after getting my Bachelor's degree in Sociology, with honors. One of my professors once said that a confused mind is an excellent sign. It means you're thinking and actually using your brain.
  • I will start working on a book.
  • I will be happy.
Signing off.
*Returns to studying "A Contribution To The Critique of Political Economy" by Marx*

Comments

Malvika said…
I'm mentioned in this one ! And in the FIRST line, nonetheless ! :D
Thank You, Sharmada !
I hope you stick to all of these, though. Amen. :P
Imma be sending goons to your place if I don't see a new blog post every now and then ! 8|
Mrinalini said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrinalini said…
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mrinalini said…
Considering that my previous comments have been mysteriously deleted by me, I have come to the conclusion that my laptop acting stupid (It's not me. I'm telling you!)

Anywayyyy

I even have a driving licence. So, I like to call myself a driver. On paper, that is.
How can I take the car out when my father's obsession with it is freaky to the point that I have seen him clean patches with his spit?
We all have the same story to tell, don't we? :|
Sharmada said…
Malvika - hanji :) Imma be sending goons to your place missy, watch DDLJ SOON.

Mrinalini - Paper di gaddi :(
"Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars?"
But yep, same old story. At least tumhe driver ki naukri mil sakti hai :D

Popular Posts